Note: Just for now, the Tupi project is only available for Unix systems. We hope to port it to many other platforms in the future. Meanwhile, the best way to try it is from any GNU/Linux distro (and FreeBSD or Unix-alike systems).
Note: If you are an Ubuntu user and discount generic viagra want to try an script to save time and make things easier, you should check get_tupi.sh.
The compilation process of any software usually requires a set of specific tools previously installed in your system. Those additional components are called "dependencies".
In this case, before you start to compile Tupi, you must ensure to get installed the next list of dependencies in your computer:
- build-essential: All the order generic levitra C/C++ free compilers, libraries and utilities required to create a binary from any Unix-alike C/C++ source code (gcc, g++, cpp, make, etc)
- Qt 4.7.0: The full development toolkit used to create Tupi. Remember to use the version 4.7.0, including development tools and libraries (preview versions don't work at all).
- ruby: A script language used to do the configuration process previous to the compilation
- libavcodec-dev: A subcomponent of Order viagra the project ffmpeg, to deal with video manipulation
- libavformat-dev: A subcomponent of the project ffmpeg, to deal with video manipulation
- libtheora-dev: A library to export OGG/OGV files (open codecs / open video formats)
- zlib-dev: A file-compression library
- quazip: A very handy API to deal with zip files
- qtmobility-dev: A useful Qt library to manage camera devices
For Ubuntu users (version 10.10) with some experience using the console, these are the commands they should run to install Tupi dependencies:
- Open a terminal (from Aplications -> Accesories) and type:
% sudo apt-get install build-essential [Press enter]
% sudo apt-get install ruby [Press enter]
% sudo apt-get install libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev [Press enter]
% sudo apt-get install libogg-dev libtheora-dev [Press enter]
% sudo apt-get install libqt4-gui qt4-qmake qt4-dev-tools [Press enter]
% sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev [Press enter]
% sudo apt-get install libquazip0-dev [Press enter]
% sudo apt-get install qtmobility-dev [Press enter]
Note: If you are not using Ubuntu, check for the Generic viagra fast delivery equivalent packages for your Linux distro
2. Get the source and compile
- Download the Tupi source code from our Download section. Then, run these commands:
% tar xvfz tupi-XXX.tar.gz [Press enter]
% cd tupi-XXX [Press enter]
% ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/tupi [Press enter]
% make [Press enter]
% sudo make install [Press enter]
Note: Only for advanced users, the configure script provides many options useful to set specific installation paths. Try "./configure --help" to get more information about it.
3. Animation time!
% /usr/local/tupi/bin/tupi & [Press enter]
Or look for the launcher from Applications -> Graphics -> Tupi
And enjoy Tupí!
Whether you find any error in this how-to or you want to share your own installation notes with us, feel free to send us your documents.