How to compile Tupi source code (OSX) using Macports
Note: To build and install Tupi on Mac OSX following this article, the Terminal application is required. This tool can be located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal using the Finder application.
Now, when you feel ready to compile/install Tupi from source code, please follow the instructions below:
1. Install the XCode Developer Tools available at:
If your OSX version is Lion, try version 4.1 or later and include the package called "Command Line Tools for Xcode"
2. Install the Macports (package manager) available at:
Read the installation instructions at:
3. Install required ports:
4. Download Tupi source code from Gitorious:
5. Move into project's directory:
6. Run the configure script:
$ ./configure --prefix=/Users/username/tupi/installer --bindir=/Users/username/tupi/installer --with-debug
7. Compile the project:
8. Install binaries and resources:
9. Create the .dmg installer:
10. Look for the .dmg file at the path /Users/username/tupi/installer and install it. Now you can enjoy Tupi! (like we do).