After many months postponing this task, the last weekend I decided to write the "Getting Started Guide for Tupi developers". I'm not sure how many people is going to read it but at least, my conscience is clean now ;)
Depending on the feedback, I will extend this manual based on the questions and requirements of other developers.
In a short view, the only major limitation I find in Tupi is the missing option of setting multiple tweens to the same object, i.e. rotate it and move it at the same time. Is there any architecture issue/restriction to allow this?
When creating new projects the dimension settings is not actually used in the created scene. All created scenes are 520x380.
Project dimensions are locked to roughtly 4:3 (not exactly but roughly in that aspect ratio).
Would like height/width ratio to be independent from each other. Perhaps with a toggle to lock aspect ratio so they can be scaled together.
Maximum export size is 1024x1024. If projects are larger than this they are scaled and squashed to fit within 1024x1024px.
Its been a while since the last time I posted something here, so I consider important to let you know what is going on: After the "Tupi multi-artist animation mode" announcement, the project has been split into three components:
As someone else said: "This project never stops" and it's true. Every week the code is changing, getting better, evolving. Sometimes big bugs are fixed, sometimes a lot of little issues are solved but code is _always_ growing up.
So, once again it's time for a new revision. Enjoy Tupi ;)
PS: If I get a dollar for every download since the project started. I could work on Tupi full time for the next two years, so don't forget to support us! :P
After many weeks studying the KTooN source files, I decided to recycle a lot of great code that never was included officially as part of its old installer.
In few words, it is a Real Time Collaboration System for 2D animation projects allowing multiple artists to work in the same file at the same time. Currently, I'm adapting and including this code as part of Tupi.
I hope to release the first revision for testers in 4 or 5 weeks but for now, let me show you this little demo as the best way to explain this new feature: http://alturl.com/phfvy
Please create a 64-bit .deb of the installer.
Yeah! that's it. Finally we made it, Tupi source code now can be compiled from OSX! On this occasion I want to thank two guys specially: Cristian Cepeda and Edelweiss Garcia, who were helping me all the time until the moment of success!
Now, our next challenge is to build the dmg installer but that's another story. Anyway, it's great to know that Mac users will be part of our community in short term! :)