This is an old revision of the document!
Note: To build and install TupiTube Desk on Mac OSX following this article, the Terminal application is required. This tool can be located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal using the Finder application. The Terminal is just a command console (terminal emulator), so if you have no experience using it, we recommend you to take a look at this little guide:
Now, when you feel ready to compile/install Tupi from source code, please follow the instructions below:
1. Install the XCode Developer Tools available at: https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action
If your OSX version is Lion, try version 4.1 or later and include the package called “Command Line Tools for Xcode”
If your OSX version is Snow Leopard, try version 3.2
Note: An Apple ID account is required to download XCode.
2. Install Libav
3. Install Ogg library
4. Install Theora library
5. Download TupiTube Desk source code from GitHub:
6. Move into project's directory:
7. Run the configure script:
8. Compile the project:
9. Install binaries and resources:
10. Create the .dmg installer:
11. Look for the .dmg file at the path /Users/username/tupitube/installer and install it. Now you can enjoy TupiTube! (like we do).